About

Welcome to the home of MetaTalks Podcast. This weekly podcast is a continuing open conversation and dialogue between two friends, @eljeppy and @alachia. Frequent conversations will pertain to the online world we call the "meta' and its cultural emergings. You will notice also that our shows are recorded in binaural format so it is highly recommend you listen using headphones rather than speakers. It's an experiment we are trying out to better enhance the "space" and experience of listening to podcasts online. Read more about who we are »

Latest Episode Featured Work

Keep in touch

Twitter Twitter Facebook

Email Us

email

Binaural on the Go Sample

Saturday, March 13, 2010

So I invested in an H2 Handy Recorder and it arrived on Friday! I was so excited to try out the ability to go mobile with my binaural mics. There is only so much I can test and experiment with in my office. With the ability to take the mics mobile, I can go create my own binaural tracks so that Jeppy and I can take you guys to more places!

This is my very first recording attempt with the mobile recorder and I'm telling you I got chills listening to it and I had actually experienced the original thing! lol. If it doesn't make you shiver when you hear that car go past me while I'm collecting my mail, I don't know what will.

You can even hear the pitter patter of my dog's feet at the very end when I go back inside.

Anyhow, this is my journey to go pick up the mail in binaural. (two doors- one for the house, one for the garage, a long ass driveway, a mailbox, and back).


or
http://www.wowcastpodcast.com/metatalks/binaural/Alachiamailbox.mp3

2 comments:

  1. Brendan said...

    Really picks up the sounds nicely... are you talking about the Zoom H2?

    I love the sounds of the cars passing by, and of the door closing and being locked.

  2. Alachia said...

    yes, it's the Zoom H2. I couldn't afford the H4. lol.