About

Welcome to the home of MetaTalks Podcast. This weekly podcast is a continuing open conversation and dialogue between two friends, @eljeppy and @alachia. Frequent conversations will pertain to the online world we call the "meta' and its cultural emergings. You will notice also that our shows are recorded in binaural format so it is highly recommend you listen using headphones rather than speakers. It's an experiment we are trying out to better enhance the "space" and experience of listening to podcasts online. Read more about who we are »

Latest Episode Featured Work

Keep in touch

Twitter Twitter Facebook

Email Us

email

Meta Talk Tonight

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Meeting begins at 8pm central.
Just /w Metatalk

We'll start out with an introduction followed by a quick, fun ice breaker :)

Then we'll ask who is interested in sharing their story.
Pre-making a macro is the best way to do this to speed up typing time.

To make a macro: Esc/Macros
New/Choose a name and icon
Enter Macro comment: /raid your story etc...
Then just drag the icon to your action bar and you're ready to hit it when it's time to share your story!

I don't plan on sharing mine since I've done so many times on the podcast. I'm much more interested in hearing your story!!! So please come and share, I'd love it!

After stories are shared, we can go into a more free-form commentary session.

I know I said that you can log in anywhere but for the ice breaker, it'd be much cooler if your avatar was there. :D hehehe. You'll see!

Hope to see you guys there!

Scarlet Crusade US/Alliance/Storwind/The Park
/w Metatalk



....

2 comments:

  1. Matt Tan said...

    Hey Alachia,

    I ran my Night Elf all the way to Stormwind for the talk, but alas, I wasn't able to get a meeting room booked at work and although I do have net access from my desk, I can't log into WoW there.

    So instead, I will be having lunch with another WoW player colleague, telling him about this session I'll be missing.

    I will try to be at the next though.

    Hope it goes well. Here's my story anyway:

    One day I say my younger brother in front of the computer with a nice looking game on. I casually asked him what it was and it went like this:

    me: what's this?
    bro: WoW
    me: wha?
    bro: World of Warcraft
    me: warcraft...but you play in first person?
    bro: yeah
    me: ... (staring at screen) why are their weapons glowing?
    bro: enchants
    me: prrrrreeeeeeetttyyyy...

    months later, I was at work and some colleages were talking about WoW. We got talking and then before I knew what was happening I was staring at the Character creation screen. Instinct said go with the Priest. It's different so it'll be more unique but I was worried, not knowing the game, that it would be a weak character (well they are in D&D), so I went with the Hunter. Think of Drizzt as my inspiration.

    Aldrassil, Teldrassil, even Darkshore and Auberdine to Astranaar. OMG! Is there a better starting zone in the game? The music and ambient sounds was soothing. even till today when I listen to the soundtrack or go through those zones, I feel at home.

    So I played the Hunter to 60, creating numerous alts along the way, each getting to their mid 20's and all but one being deleted. The priest. I actually played the priest twice. I deleted the first because I didn't want to be a female night elf, hawt as they are. I think the male night elf models are super buff.

    I still play my hunter, for group PvP or solo play. I've gone the melee route, truly fighting alongside my pet (Humar) and tried MM (boring....) and even played tanking/off-tanking roles (it was a rare group that one, never happened again /cry). So I have much love for hunters and the diversity they bring if society wasn't so conformist.

    Now, I play a NE priest. Male. Totally buff and am loving the healing. The role is to keep everyone alive, and that really appeals to me.

    Thank you for reading. There is so much more I want to share regarding experiences and driving forces for playstyle, but I'm sure there will be more opportunities to do so.

    oh, and thanks Alachia and Spurlock for organising this.

    Sangai

  2. Alachia said...

    /clap
    :D

    I'm sorry you missed it. I hope I get to see you at the next one!

    I'm glad you're liking the priest. There is something so appealing about being able to play a class that can keep your friends and people in need alive. It's very powerful indeed!